New Telegraph

Ukraine’s Frontline Attacks ‘Failed’- Russian Official

Moscow announced on Tuesday that Kyiv’s four-month-long counter-offensive to breach Russian defence on frontlines in the east and south of the nation has failed.

In June, Kyiv launched a long-awaited counteroffensive against well-entrenched Russian defence lines despite acknowledging poor progress.

“The enemy’s attempts to break through our defences in the areas of Verbovoye and Rabotino on the Zaporizhzhia front have failed,” Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu told senior Russian military officials.

He was using Russian place names to refer to two villages along the frontline in the south where Ukrainian forces claim to have broken through the toughest points of Russian defences and recaptured several villages.

READ ALSO:

Shoigu also said the Russian army had “repelled all attacks in the Soledar-Bakhmout direction” on the eastern front in the war-battered Donetsk region.

The Kremlin claimed to have annexed both the Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia regions last year alongside two other territories in Ukraine despite ongoing fighting.

“Our troops have significantly weakened the enemy’s combat potential and inflicted serious damage,” Shoigu said, praising Russian soldiers for fighting “boldly and decisively” and demonstrating “true heroism.”

Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered troops into Ukraine in February 2022 and they swept quickly through large swathes of the south and east of the country but were beaten back from the north.

Shoigu also reiterated that Moscow did not plan to conduct a new military mobilization after Russia’s shock plan to call up men sparked a major exodus from the country last year.

Read Previous

Malaria Prevention: Kwara To Distribute Over 2.6m Treated Mosquito Nets

Read Next

Court To Iposu Chieftaincy Family: Awujale, Oloja Rightful Owners Of Land In Epe